Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Goverment Auto Group

I have been thinking for a long time to start a blog to keep somewhat of a journal. I will be posting things that are on my mind about business, politics, religion, family, and what ever else I decide to be important at the time that I am writing on the blog. I am not an english major, so things will be spelt wrong, and grammer may be wrong too. So here is what is on my mind today. As you can see the title is the government auto group. I am totally pissed off that the president of the United States has more time to run a auto company (or two), but does not have the time to deal with threats such as N. Korea or Iran. As I pondered the recent auto industry failures, I can't help but think about how a business should and/or should not be ran. They are a perfect example of how poor customer service has totally destroyed any hope it seems at this point. Any and all businesses are created to serve a customer. In my line of work (tile installation) I have to provide a service to contractors, businesses, suppliers, and homeowners. I have employee's, and there job is to provide the same service I would if I was there. I do what I can to make my employee's happy and try to treat them fair. The auto industry has been ruled by unions. They don't serve the customer any longer. They care as much about the person buying a vehicle as they do the toilet paper on the roll holder in the bathroom. The group that the auto makers have to keep happy, and that ultimatly dictate the price of the cars are the employee's. The amount of money that is spent on vacation, raises, PTO, cost of living increase, bonuses, severence pay, and union dues dictates the cost of the car. If the unions were to step a side, let the car companies run a company instead of having to conform to union "rules", we would see the cost of cars go down and the auto industry revived. All business are there to provide a service to their CUSTOMERS, not to the employees. About three months ago I went to a town hall meeting with Senator Wyden here in Oregon. I asked about the credit crisis, and if any legislation was being passes to stop creditors from lowring credit lines and raising interest rates without a just cause. His respose was priceless. In his own words "You are too logical for governemnt". Toll logical for government? What in the world? Mabey that is exaxtly what the goverment needs, a little bit of logic. We definatly need a little bit of leadership with some logic. I am scared for the future of this country as many fellow Americans are. But we must put our faith in God, and know that he is in charge. A scripture that is on the wall of our home reads "Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall pocesess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ." This is what I believe the founding fathers knew, and this is what Heavely Father has given to us in this the greates country in the world. Only problem is that we have turned from the very Person that has given us this choice land. The promise will not stand true untill we return to following Jesus Christ. I pray that we may all strive to better our own lives, influence those that we come into contact with and return to what the founding fathers knew. May God bless all that strive to live the higher laws of Heaven, and not the laws of liberal supreme court justices with empathy.

1 comment: